MasterCAN data converters for vehicle telematics
1) Simultaneous data reading from J1708 and CAN buses
MasterCAN reads messages from J1587 and J1939 buses, filters and merges data into single J1939/71 messages, and transfers the received data via the output CAN-interface. The feature is used for vehicles made by Volvo, Renault, John Deere, American automotive manufacturers, and other machinery equipped with J1708 (SAE J1587) data bus.
2) Vehicle data interface for receiving FMS messages
MasterCAN scans the CAN bus, selects FMS messages and sends them to telematics unit. Filtering FMS messages allows reducing data load tracker’s CAN-port and amount of data transmitted to telematics server, thus simplifying configuration of the entire telematics system.
In addition, MasterCAN generates Telematics messages from those found in CAN J1939 / 71 – Telematics messages contain the most important operation parameters for telematics and saves time on CAN bus parsing.
3) Transforming CAN J1939 to RS-232 or RS-485
MasterCAN transforms messages received via CAN and J1708 buses into HEX, text data or Modbus RTU protocol and transmits via RS-232 or RS-485 interfaces. This feature is used for GPS-tracker, telematics boxes or other terminal devices where there is no available CAN-port for connecting CAN bus.
MasterCAN data converters for IIoT and industrial automation
1) Integrate a controller into telematics system (IIoT)
MasterCAN RS2CAN reads data via Modbus RTU protocol, for example, from a diesel genset controller, and converts the received data into CAN J1939 / S6 messages for transmission to a terminal device or other equipment with CAN interface. Using MasterCAN service software, it is possible to select Modbus registers to be read out and into which J1939 messages the data should be converted.
2) Data transfer from telematics equipment to a controller via Modbus RTU
MasterCAN CAN2RS receives messages from the sensors of the telematics system, and stores received data to registers according to the Modbus RTU protocol. A terminal device, for example, a router or a diesel generator controller, reads these messages for further processing, transmission to SCADA or display.
3) Integration of telematics equipment with different interfaces into a single network
MasterCAN transforms signals of telematics system equipment with different interfaces – level sensors, fuel flow meters, temperature and humidity sensors and other IIoT devices – and integrates the data into a single network according to the CAN J1939/S6 standard. This allows unifing messages received by the terminal unit and simplifying the task of parsing and displaying messages on IIoT-service side.
Configuring MasterCAN data converters using service software
Configuring MasterCAN CC, C232/485, V-GATE
- activate sending requests to CAN bus
- allow sending FMS and Telematics messages
- select network address (SA)
RS-232 or RS-485
- Select output data type – Modbus RTU, HEX., text (ASCII), DUT-E COM (extended LLS)
- Select data transmission interval and baud rate for RS-232 and RS-485
- Configure prefix and suffix for ASCII messages
- Configure network address (RS-48)
- Enable automatic fuel consumption calculation
Configuring MasterCAN RS2CAN, CAN2RS
RS-232 or RS-485
- Configuring register tables for storage/reading out over Modbus RTU
- Selecting baud rate
- Selecting network address (RS-485)
- Selecting SPNs (list of 10,000+ parameters) for sending/receiving data over CAN
- Activate sending requests to CAN bus
- Configuring baud rate
|Supply voltage, V||10…45|
|Current consumption (24 V/12 V), mА, not more than||50/100|
|Operating temperature, °С||-40…+85|
|Level of casing protection||IP40|
|Dimensions, mm, not more than||94,5х58,5х24,5|
|Weight, kg, not more than||0,15|