DFM Marine fuel flow meter is a precise tool for fuel consumption measurement and engine hours monitoring of heavy machinery with fuel flow rate up to 4,000 L/h. The flow meter uses direct measurement principle. That means DFM Marine is installed straight into a fuel line and sends gathered data to a GPS tracker or other data logging device.
DFM Marine flow meter allows owners and managers of fleets and stationary machinery to get accurate and reliable information on consumption of diesel fuel, fuel oil and heating oil, also on duration of operation of engine/burner/boiler .
Operation time and fuel consumption monitoring:
1. As part of telematics system of marine or river vessels, diesel locomotives, mining and quarrying machinery, diesel generators, boilers and burners and other mobile and stationary objects.
Up to 8 pcs. of DFM Marine CCAN flow meters can be combined into a single network using S6 Technology and send data to just one CAN-port of a telematics unit (for example, to CANUp 27 online telematic gateway).
The most informative are DFM Marine with CAN j1939/S6 interface, which provide real-time monitoring of:
- Fuel rate (or instant fuel consumption);
- Summary or differential fuel consumption in two fuel lines;
- Engine operation time – total and in “Idling”, “Optimal”, “Overload” operation modes;
- Fuel consumption – total and in different engine operation modes;
- Evidence of interference to flow meter’s operation – “Tampering” and “Interference” Counters;
- Voltage in an on-board power network;
- Totally over 40+ parameters monitored.
2. As autonomous fuel counting solution for fuel oil boilers and burners, diesel generators.
DFM Marine autonomous fuel counters provide data on flow rate, total fuel consumption and engine/burner operating hours data (total and in different operation modes) on a built-in LCD display.
Advantages of DFM Marine fuel flow meter:
- Recording real fuel consumption and operation time of fuel consumer – total and in different consumption modes: “Idle”, “Optimal”, “Overload”, “Tampering” and “Interference”;
- Body made of duralumin (lightweight and inexpensive) or brass (corrosion-proof and more durable), fuel line connection types – thread or flange;
- Internal non-volatile memory for Counters and Events storage (total fuel consumption, total engine operating time and another 40+ parameters monitored);
- Output interfaces RS232/RS485 (ASCII и Modbus), CAN j1939/S6 (+ NMEA 2000) and also normalized pulse;
- Protection against unauthorized interference in operation and data “tampering”;
- Resettable Counters of liquid consumption and operation time of flow meter;
- Data transfer to GPS tracking units, IoT gateways, displays and controllers of SCADA-systems;
- Measured liquid operating temperature is up to 150C;
- Models with a maximum flow rate up to 1000, 2000 and 4000 l/h.
DFM Marine fuel flow meters are certified with American Bureau of Shipping ABS and recommended for use on sea, river vessels and other water transport anywhere in the world.
Benefits of using DFM Marine fuel flow meters in fleets of heavy machinery
Installation of DFM Marine fuel counters allows lowering fuel costs up to 40% (check Technoton cases), increasing efficiency of heavy machinery fleet, elongating the life of machinery and decreasing expenses on repair and maintenance driven by:
- Actual fuel consumption monitoring of each unit of machinery
- Detection of real fuel consumption rates
- Registration of machinery working time
- Timely detection of malfunctions and engine failure, that cause increased fuel consumption and untimely break down of machinery
- Fixing violations in engine operating modes
- Improving accuracy of planning future costs for fuel and lubricants and maintenance
- Possibility of engine testing for fuel consumption